SIGNIFICANCEMahalaxmi Thiruvilakku Pooja is a special one and people can get various types of benefits if they do it in Tamil months from chithirai to panguni.
Chithirai : Blessed with increased production of Pulses.
Vaigasi : Blessed with Money
Aani : Blessed with Marriage
Aadi : Blessed with Long Life
Aavani : Blessed with New Born Children
Purataasi : Blessed with more Cows
Aipassi : Blessed with Food
Karthigai : Blessed with Moksha
Margali : Blessed with Good health
Thai : Blessed with Victory in life
Maasi : Blessed with removal of sins.
Panguni : Blessed with Dharma
Thiruvillaku Pooja can also be done in Ammavasai and pournami days.( No moon & full moon days) . Please refer the picture for the benefits of doing this pooja in each Tamil month.
Source for the above pic : From my Thiruvilakku poojai book
In this pooja,we consider the lamp/thiruvilakku as Goddess Lakshmi.To make this pooja,we should do the following procedure and chant slokas.It takes one hour to chant to finish this pooja.Its better to perform this pooja before 10.30 am in Friday morning ( ie before raahu kaalam).Ok.Lets see how to make this poojai.
- On Thursday night,wash the lamps properly and decorate it by keeping manjal,kumkum.No need to put oil & thread in it.
- The next day morning,ie on Friday,draw some Padi kolam in your house entrance and draw the above kolam with hridaya kamalam in the center in front of your pooja room.
- Put the thread and oil the lamp.Do not light it now.Just keep it ready.Keep the flowers for all the idols.
- Prepare the neivedyam.U can make any payasam,kesari or sweet pongal for prasadam.
- In a plate,keep the thambulam items(Vetrilai,Paaku,2 Banana,Coconut).Keep turmeric powder,Kumkum,Akshathai(Raw Rice mixed with turmeric powder) and 108 Uthiri poo( flowers) ready.
- Now keep a plate or Manai( Peedam) over the kolam and place the lamp with five faces.
- Keep the neivedyam prasadam and thamboolam plate along with Dhoop/Incence stick and camphor in a plate.Keep theertham(water) in the pancha paathram with utharini in front of the lamp and now light the lamp.Light all the five faces of lamp as shown in the picture below.
- First light the incence stick and do the aradhana.Now sit in front of the lamp and start chanting the slokas.Start with Ganesha stotram and proceed with slokas given the below pictures.Read all the slokas given up to page –3( till namaha).Then chant Kanagadhaara sthothram and Mahalakshmi astothram.After this,do 108 archanai.
- Then do the vilakku archanai by reading the below stotram.Chant these 108 lines by flowers in the feet of lamp.U should put 108 petals of flowers or jasmine flowers leaf would do.You can also do kumkum archanai if u don’t get flowers.
- After chanting this strotram,continue with these slokas.Just follow what is given in the book and do the dhoop,dheep and neivedyam.Lastly do the mangala aarathi as given in the sloka.U can give thaamboolam for Sumangalis and finish the pooja.It takes one hour to chant these slokas and finish the pooja.Its better to perform this pooja before 10.30 am in Friday morning.
Last but not the least,if u are not able to perform this pooja in the morning hours,u can light the lamp in the evening around 5.45 pm and sing the song given in the below picture.Some people follow this method too.But u should keep neivedyam,thaamboolam as stated above and do this pooja.Finish it with mangala harathi.
Technorati Tags: Thiruvilakku pooja in tamil,Thiruvilakku poojai songs,Thiruvilakku pooja stotram in tamil,thiruvilakku pooja stotram,thiruvilakku pooja slokas,thiruvilakku poojai,thiruvillakku pooja,how to make thiruvilakku pooja